I first met Wendy at an author/illustrator picnic held in Vermont about twenty years ago. Later Wendy relocated from Topsham to Brattleboro, right around the corner from my home. We began walking together regularly, often talking about our work. When I discovered the story that inspired The Cats in Krasinski Square I knew in my bones that Wendy would be the perfect artist for the project. Both Cats and Spuds have been beautiful dreams realized. Wendy is a consummate professional. She is also a beloved friend.
- “Do you have brothers or sisters?”
- “Are you proud when you finish making a book?”
- “Do you know any famous people?”
- “How long did it take to write LETTERS FROM RIFKA?”
- “What draws you to historical fiction?”
- “Can you explain the experience that most likely influenced you to become a writer?”
- “How did you react when someone from the Newbery Committee called and told you you won the Newbery medal?”
- “Are you working on a book at the moment?”
- “Where do ideas come from?”
- “How have your past experiences affected your writing?” asked Elise.
Browse popular tags