I have had the great pleasure of getting to know a precious handful of Newbery Award winning authors. I care deeply about each of them and we do stay in touch to the best of our ability. Those of you who cherish these authors because of their work are wise. Please know they can be cherished, as well, for their pure selves. They are human beings of profound generosity and compassion. (photo of Katherine Paterson from the Washington Post, photo of Kate DiCamillo from the internet, photos of Jerry Spinelli and his lovely and talented wife Eileen, and of Sharon Creech are my own)
- “About what do you really like to write and why?” asked Emma of Summit Middle School in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- “How long did it take you to write THE MUSIC OF DOLPHINS?”
- “How old were you when you started taking writing seriously?”
- “Why did you write OUT OF THE DUST in poems?”
- “In Letters From Rifka, what inspired you to write in letter format?”
- “Would you write a sequel to LETTERS FROM RIFKA?”
- “Do you like nicknames, and if you had one as a kid, what was it?”
- “Did you get the idea for Just Juice from your past?” asked the fourth grade students of Hillside Elementary School.
- “Do you like sugar?”
- “Have you visited Oklahoma since writing Out of the Dust?”
Browse popular tags