I believe the next project out of the gate is a story told in haiku coming out in a year or so. It’s called NIGHT OF BLUE MAGIC and is being published by Candlewick Press. It will take the form of an illustrated book, but it is intended for an older audience. The artist selected for the book, Catia Chen, is extraordinary and the book should be simply beautiful. It has also been turned into an opera by Zae Munn and has been performed several times already.
- Andrea from Farmingdale, New York wondered if I had problems like the Faulstichs when I was young.
- “How did you get the idea for JUST JUICE?”
- “Did people actually gather cats in baskets and let them go at the right time to sneak food through the wall?” asked Leah of Hackettstown, New Jersey. “And was it a common tactic?”
- “About what do you really like to write and why?” asked Emma of Summit Middle School in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- “How long did it take you to write THE MUSIC OF DOLPHINS?”
- “How old were you when you started taking writing seriously?”
- “Why did you write OUT OF THE DUST in poems?”
- “In Letters From Rifka, what inspired you to write in letter format?”
- “Would you write a sequel to LETTERS FROM RIFKA?”
- “Do you like nicknames, and if you had one as a kid, what was it?”
Browse popular tags