I first met Wendy at an author/illustrator picnic held in Vermont about twenty years ago. Later Wendy relocated from Topsham to Brattleboro, right around the corner from my home. We began walking together regularly, often talking about our work. When I discovered the story that inspired The Cats in Krasinski Square I knew in my bones that Wendy would be the perfect artist for the project. Both Cats and Spuds have been beautiful dreams realized. Wendy is a consummate professional. She is also a beloved friend.
- Readers often comment, “I’ve written a book. How do I sell it?”
- “Did you make the poem on page 52 in the book WITNESS to suggest a cross?”
- “Do you have any additional thoughts on courage?”
- “When was WITNESS named (beginning, middle, or end of writing) and was it your only choice?”
- “Have you ever thought about writing a sequel to WITNESS?”
- What are some of your themes?
- “If you want to use the novel OUT OF THE DUST to reflect people’s life at that time, why don’t you choose the father to narrate the story. Because I think a small girl cannot understand.”
- “Have you ever been an illustrator in any books?”
- “Do you ever team up with any other authors to write a book?”
- “Did any of your friends or family help you write THE MUSIC OF DOLPHINS?”
Browse popular tags