I first met Wendy at an author/illustrator picnic held in Vermont about twenty years ago. Later Wendy relocated from Topsham to Brattleboro, right around the corner from my home. We began walking together regularly, often talking about our work. When I discovered the story that inspired The Cats in Krasinski Square I knew in my bones that Wendy would be the perfect artist for the project. Both Cats and Spuds have been beautiful dreams realized. Wendy is a consummate professional. She is also a beloved friend.
- Why did you decide to write WITNESS in free verse?
- Where did you get the inspiration for your characters?
- Is the guy on the cover Johnny Reeves?
- Why is “God” only capitalized when Esther says it?
- Learning to paint snow
- Readers often comment, “I’ve written a book. How do I sell it?”
- “Did you make the poem on page 52 in the book WITNESS to suggest a cross?”
- “Do you have any additional thoughts on courage?”
- “When was WITNESS named (beginning, middle, or end of writing) and was it your only choice?”
Browse popular tags